Take the First Steps to Remodel Your Kitchen
While few home improvement projects can deliver the pleasure – and potential profit – of a kitchen renovation, figuring out what you need will determine where you go for services. We can help you stay within your budget while you create your dream kitchen.
If modest improvements will bring your kitchen up-to-date, let us point you to contractors you can rely on to paint, provide wall coverings or window treatments, install new hardware or reface older cabinets.
If your lifestyle is changing – becoming an empty nest, needing to entertain for business or fitting an expanding family – make sure your new kitchen accommodates the way your family lives. Consider:
- How many people need to sit in the kitchen?
- Are chairs of special heights or with arms or backs needed?
- Do you need more storage?
- How many surfaces do you need – for cooking, entertaining, and homework?
- Would an extra oven or sink make your life easier?
If your kitchen is functional but no longer “fun,” consider updating your space, by:
- Installing targeted light sources – recessed lighting, under-the-counter, directional light on art or a cozy dining corner
- Using molding to add sophistication
- Replacing a plain window with decorative one, such as leaded or stained glass
- Replacing the flooring, appliances, cabinets or countertops, or even making the commitment to renovate more completely – and consult an architectural expert.
Let us lead you to someone with the credentials to advise you properly.