Details of The 2011 Tax Credit
If you never took advantage of the 2009 or the 2010 tax credit for energy effiicient home improvements, then you can take advantage of the new 2011 tax credit just recently made available to homeowners. While not as sweet a deal as the previous tax credit incentive, it still offers a federal tax break when you upgrade your home with ENERGY STAR products. You can earn a tax credit up to $500 when you install qualifying home energy efficient products, including replacement windows and doors.
Here are the details for the 2011 home improvement tax credit:
- 10% of the cost of the home improvement with a maximum amount of $500
- Credit does not include the price of installation
- Effective dates from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011
- Only eligible for your principal residence
- If you have previously received credits of $500 or more from the period 2005-2010, you are not able to claim the 2011 credit
- Energy Star windows have a maximum allowance of $200 eligible for the credit
Contact us for referrals to the right contractor.